After Pastor Damour started the Kayenzi church, his second church plant (Kayenzi), he began telling me of his dreams to continue planting. Much to my surprise, the next time I visited, he let me know that there was already a group of Christians meeting each week in the home of a Christian, while they walked an hour to come to meet at the Ruzizi church on Sundays. As they grew to 12 saved and baptized members, In May of 2017 they began renting a small house, and meeting on Sundays.
I had the honor of attending a baptismal service at Lake Muhazi for an additional 12 Members. It was at this time that the teacher, under the leadership of Pastor Damour, informed me that they had found several available tracts of land suitable for building the church when God provided the funding.
When I visited in July, 2017, the registered membership was 30 persons, with an additional 17 persons who had made decisions to follow Christ, and were being disciple in preparation for their baptism the following month.
It has been a blessing and a joy to work with Pastor Damour. As he humbling works among the people in his home region, unknown mostly even amongst his fellow Rwandans; yet, God ‘s blessing and His hand on this ministry is powerfully evident. What a privilege we have to come alongside this brother in Christ to encourage and support him and lift up His hands as he continues reaching his people with the Gospel.
Needs of this church.
- Purchase of land: approximately $1,500 USD
- Benches, chairs, straw mats, and temporary shelter from sun and rain.
- A church building: approximately $8,000 USD
- Daily provisions for the members of this rural farming area. Their daily needs that often are unmet include food, clothing, shoes, soap, clean water, medical care, and “luxuries” such as sugar and salt.
- The Holy Spirit’s working and strengthening this young church and new believers.
- More Bibles for new believers in this quickly growing church.