Pastor Emmanuel Gatera
WORD OF LIFE CHURCH (WOLC)
Africa:Rwanda, Western Province, Rusizi District, Kamembe Sector
Pastor Emmanuel Gatera is the pastor of Word of Life Church, and is married to his wife Jane Niyonsaba. Together they have three children.
BACKGROUND AND TESTIMONY
Pastor Gatera was born in on December 25, 1972, and born again in Christ on August 21, 1982.
Born into a Catholic family, it was his brother’s radical freeing from demon possession that led to Gatera’s entire family coming to faith in Jesus Christ. As he says, “My older brother was possessed by the sickness of demons. My parents took him to different hospitals, but he didn’t get the healing because they didn’t know his sickness. After long time they went in Pentecostal Church. There intercessors prayed for him, and received total healing. At that time, my family of 4 people including me discovered the supernatural power of healing, and decided to repent and accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour.” After his salvation, Pastor Gatera was baptized, and continued to grow in the church, and was active in the worship team.
In 1992, at the age of 20, Gatera felt God calling him to serve God as evangelist. The same year I went to Bible college. He finished 6 years full-time at Bible school in Democratic Republic of Congo, 2 years full-time at Bible College in Kigali, Rwanda, 2 years full-time at Bible College in Kenya, and 4 years at Word of Life Bible College of Canada through online courses. He holds a BS Bible Studies and Doctorate in Practical Ministries.
As a Pastor of WOLC in Kamembe, Rwanda Pastor Gatera continues to minister to orphans, elders, sick, the poor, and widows. He teaches Bible school students every Saturday. He has assisted in the planting of churches in Rwanda and the Congo. He is blessed with his wife and family who stand by and support his visions in the ministry.
WORD OF LIFE CHURCH
Word of Life is a church intent on connecting people to Jesus and His church through our lives, our words, and our deeds.
Making disciples by providing them efficient Christian education that will help them to grow spiritually (Matthew 28:19-20), and to build local churches that will transform cities and nations.
Love God! Love People! Love Life! Everyone needs JESUS,
At the link below, you can see an interview of Gatera discussing his experience during the Rwandan genocide, his testimony, achievements in the ministry, and goals in the ministry.
Our current prayer items and visions for the Church:
- Financial miracle to purchase land and build their church in order to meet with government requirements in order to open their church. They currently share facilities with other churches.
- God’s continued provision for my family and our needs.
- School fees and materials for school of Orphans and Vulnerable Children we have in the church.
- Financial sponsorship for teachers of Bible school. Pastor Gatera currently teaches classes every Saturday voluntarily, but with other teachers or funding, the students could obtain more resources and further studies.
- Paying Health Insurance of those in need in our church and community.
- Financial miracles for helping church members who live with HIV/AIDS.